Data Engineer | Adelaide
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Feb-2018|
About the role
The Data Engineer will expand and optimise our clients' data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimise their data flow and collection for cross functional teams. Your responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Design, develop and implement data pipelines for data migration & collection, data analytics and other data movement solutions.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using ETL, Database Replication, Application Integration, SQL and ‘big data' technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
You will have the ability to optimise data systems and build them from the ground up. You will support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven working experience as a Data Engineer
- Technical expertise regarding data acquisitions, data transformation, data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with ETL technologies (e.g. SAP BO Data Services, SAP PO, IBM Message Broker and IBM Message Queue)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Big Data integration and streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, Flume, Talend etc.)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Big Data processing technologies (e.g. Spark with Scala / Java / Python / R)
- Exposure to migrate data into ERPs (SAP CRM, IBM Case Management etc.), databases (HDFS, HBase, HANA, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL etc)
- Experience with cloud services
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
What we can offer you?
Capgemini is a world leader in technology enabled change. We can offer our consultants;
- Formal training with industry recognized certifications
- The ability to interact with peers in a sharing and inclusive community
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A well-structured and tailored career framework
- A culture of collaboration and recognition
- Excellent remuneration
About the Team
Our Insight and Data team helps our clients make a better business decision-making by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insights. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
“Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.”
With more than 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.9 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Want to know more?
To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, visit www.capgemini.com.au or http://www.backelite.com.au/