Hadoop Developer | Adelaide
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Feb-2018|
About the role
The Hadoop Developer will lead the actual coding or programming of Hadoop applications. Your responsibilities include:
- Sourcing and processing large volume and variety of data from diverse data platforms into Hadoop platform in most optimised way.
- Understanding the requirements of input to output transformations, developing efficient scripts for cleaning & transforming data using map reduce, streaming API's or user defined functions.
- Defining Hadoop job flows, build distributed, reliable and scalable data pipelines to ingest and process data in real-time. Extraction of impression streams, transaction behaviours, clickstream data and other unstructured data.
- Managing Hadoop jobs using scheduler, Reviewing and managing hadoop log files.
- Design and implement column family schemas of Hive and HBase.
- Fine tune hadoop applications for high performance and throughput.
- Troubleshoot and debug any hadoop ecosystem run time issues
You will have the ability to design, develop, test and deploy Hadoop applications and data solutions on a Big Data cluster such as Cloudera or Hortonworks.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven working experience as Hadoop Developer.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with hadoop ecosystem and its components i.e. HDFS, HBase, Pig, Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, etc.
- Strong Knowledge of and experience with two or more scripting languages like Pig, Java, Scala, R and Python etc.
- Data modelling experience with OLTP and OLAP
- Good knowledge of concurrency and multi-threading concepts.
- Understanding the usage of various data visualizations tools like Zoomdata, QlikView, Business Objects etc.
- Should have basic knowledge of SQL, database structures, principles, and theories.
- Knowledge of popular ETL tools like SAP Data Sevices, Talend, Informatica, etc.
What we can offer you?
Capgemini is a world leader in technology enabled change. We can offer our consultants;
- Formal training with industry recognized certifications
- The ability to interact with peers in a sharing and inclusive community
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A well-structured and tailored career framework
- A culture of collaboration and recognition
- Excellent remuneration
About the Team
Our Insight and Data team helps our clients make a better business decision-making by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insights. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
“Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.”
With more than 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.9 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Want to know more?
To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, visit www.capgemini.com.au or http://www.backelite.com.au/