Front-End Developer | Adelaide
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Jul-2018|
About the role
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop and build world class digital services.
You will have the ability to collaborate and help establish the right processes for building and developing services that are easy for everyone to understand and use, with a focus on web standards, usability and accessibility.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary, digital delivery team, ideally using Agile methods including the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard. Knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD) is a plus
- Experience in developing responsive and accessible digital experiences to meet WCAG2.0 compliance.
- Experience of front end pre-processors and languages eg Haml, Pug, Sass, Less, TypeScript, Babel, as well as when to use modern front end frameworks e.g. React, Angular. Experience using the Angular framework is desirable.
- Experience in modern front end build tools e.g. Webpack, Parcel, Gulp, Grunt and version control systems e.g. Git, Mercurial
Additional relevant skills and experience
- Knowledge of agile and user-centred methodologies, such as the DTA's Digital Service Standard
- Experience working with government agencies
- Stays updated on the latest developments/trends/thinking within your field, sharing knowledge and thoughts with communities, colleagues and clients
- Integrates the responsive and accessible designs created by the interaction designer and advises non-developer colleagues or clients on the different existing technical possibilities
What we can offer you?
Capgemini is a world leader in technology enabled change. We can offer our consultants;
- Formal training with industry recognized certifications
- The ability to interact with peers in a sharing and inclusive community
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A well-structured and tailored career framework
- A culture of collaboration and recognition
- Excellent remuneration
About the Team
“Putting people first, always. Whether it is our clients, the end users of any site or app, or our office team, we always value the human. That's what makes us humane.”
Our Backelite team is a “mobile first” agency born in 2006 and today specialises in service design and creating digital products. We imagine the digital services of tomorrow by crafting interfaces that balance functionality, ergonomics, design and technology for engaging and effective experiences.
“Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.”
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Want to know more?
To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, visit www.capgemini.com.au or http://www.backelite.com.au/