Data Engineer | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Jun-2020|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a number of Data Engineers with extensive experience in Big data and analytics projects with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Data Engineer is a subject matter expert in their field of excellence. The role of Data Engineer involves leading complex business reengineering development projects and to solve organizational problems through IT solutions using Big Data concepts, Platform tools and software engineering languages as required.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be considered for this role, you must have the following experience:
- Experience in Hadoop Stack such as: Hive, Spark (Core and Streaming), Kafka, Flink, NIFI etc.
- Experience working on stream transform using Spark Streaming or Flink
- Experience working on change data capture in big data ecosystem
- Experience in building real time or batch ingestion and transformation pipelines.
- Good to have Background in API and cloud-native architecture
- Experience with ‘container' technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Expertise in programming (e.g. Core Java, Python and Scala programming)
- Experience wrangling data using library such as Pandas, Scikit-learn or Numpy
- Experience using notebook such as Jupyter or Polyglot
- Experience with test-driven development, test automation & continuous delivery Experience in Java build automation technologies such as Gradle, Maven, Integration with Sonarqube etc Experience supporting a production service in a DevOps friendly environment
- Excellent analytical skills and proven track record solving difficult problems
- Experienced in Agile / Scrum projects
- Design, develop and implement solutions to customers organisational problems
- Provide high quality service delivery on engagements
- Experience with design and developing data reconciliation & metadata driven data processing frameworks.
- Seen by client as an “adviser” who can contribute to a broad range of strategic, operational and budget decisions central to the client's strategy and priorities
- Education level - Degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 6 to 8 years of industry experience
- AWS certification would be advantageous
- Understanding of Financial Services Industry could be advantageous
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.