Cloud Engineers | Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2019|
Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global management consulting practice is a team of over 3,000 talented individuals, working with leading companies to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change. We ideate and bring to life what's next for our clients by combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise.
The focus of your role
Our Future of Technology team is looking for a Cloud Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop new service offerings, using your IT engineering skills and passion for cloud computing, to provide technical guidance and direction across cloud migration projects within our technical delivery teams. With up to 30% of the worlds computing applications hosted on legacy operating systems, Capgemini is building an offering with our partners to discover, package, test and deploy these applications on supported operating systems.
What you'll do
Working alongside a team of talented management consultants and your role will involve:
- Innovation and Strategy - help define and build change across organisations, moving from imagining to implementing the products, services, and business models of the future
- Consulting - Work with our clients to understand their application and database landscapes, with a focus on non-supported legacy Operating Systems (OS) and advise them on how to transform the applications to a newer OS
- Transformation - utilise the latest industry toolsets to package the applications, and transform them to the latest supported versions
- Quality Assurance - Work with and direct the user and system testing teams to validate the transformations
- Mass Migration - migrate workloads at volume to the AWS cloud (Azure skills desirable)
- Troubleshooting - Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal Capgemini teams.
- Drive customer communication during testing and migrations
- Create knowledge articles, videos and other technical articles for the Capgemini customer community
What you'll bring
- Cloud engineer at the core, with demonstrated work experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud.
- Experience in both Software Application Packaging and Virtualisation technologies
- Ability to perform Operating System (OS) administration in Microsoft Windows
- Understanding of troubleshooting OS and network level issues
- Experience working on Microsoft Azure AD
- Strong general consulting skills, such as:
- Structured and analytical thinking
- Stakeholder management and ability to create and maintain long term relationships with clients
- Exceptional client-facing skills, able to perform, conduct workshops and meetings to develop client solutions.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Collaboration with diverse teams
- Ability to perform User Acceptance Testing is desirable
- Experience on Microsoft SQL and Linux OS is desirable
- Experience in agile ways of working
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement.
Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.