Senior Engineer - Python Development | Perth
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Nov-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
Digital Engineering and Manufacturing Services brings together deep domain expertise to lead the convergence of the physical and digital worlds through technology, engineering, and manufacturing expertise. Consulting, technology, and assets-led solutions enable global companies to unlock the true potential of their product portfolios and manufacturing efficiencies.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and evolve software architecture based on the requirements
- Design innovative solutions to real problems, develop and maintain a high performance, large scale system involving databases
- Communicate and work closely with the client, on-site teams, and offshore project teams for. technical specification of new products and existing ones.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Python 2.7, Linux, SQL (Postgres/PostGIS specifically, but other databases are required and there is a lot of common ground with databases)
- Networking, Architectural patterns
- Deployment and team tool technologies (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, git, Bash shell scripting, hipchat)
- Familiarity with service oriented architectures
- Work on a code base as part of a team
- Solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or. full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for. the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior. to and/or. at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior. to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or. other third parties will not be considered.