Abap Developer | Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Nov-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
As a Global SAP partner, Capgemini is one of the world's largest and most experienced SAP systems integrators, with 17,800 practitioners and over 40 years of experience. We support clients to implement highly scalable solutions in Digital Core Transformation, Commerce and LOB Transformation, Advanced Analytics, OnePath for. SAP and SAP Innovation.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Oversees project delivery, development of and management against project budget and plans, monitors, and reviews various development deliverables ensuring all are consistent with standardsAnalyzes business/ functional requirements and prepares development project schedule, tasks, and estimates. Leads coding and other activities as necessary
- Performs technical design and documents technical specifications. Ensures compliance of developed solution to underlying solution architecture.
- Supports collaboration efforts with project team members to identify issues and risks associated with the design, implementation, and delivery of assignments
- Accountable for design and code reviews, and resolution of defects
- Supports development and integration environment setup
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Design, development, and testing of additional programs that may be required to enhance the existing SAP product functionality
- Interface programs
- ABAP custom reports
- User Exits/ Enhancements
- Smart Forms/Adobe Interactive Forms
- Web Dynpro for ABAP
- SAP Objects
- To have deep, intuitive analytical and problem solving skills to address and resolve technical development issues in a limited timeframe
- Be proactive in identification and resolution of issues that may negatively impact a project or deliverables is required
- To have combined knowledge of development techniques, application structure, understanding of business processes, personal experience, research
- capabilities, and interaction with other resources to identify specific problems and propose solutions
- Able to identify and discuss client expectations as relevant to own area and monitor and report on delivery of what was promised
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams, managing multiple tasks/assignments with staggered due dates and deadlines through effective time management skills
- Able to work in diverse, decentralized teams
- Job has high level of technical complexity; knowledge of SAP Database structures/tables for various functional modules, SAP ABAP language is required
- Job requires a high degree of creativity and judgment related to the development life cycle
- Significant interaction with Business Analysts, Security Team, and the System Administrators during the course of the job
- Strong understanding and knowledge of SAP products needed to successfully handle the requirements of the job
- High degree of independent decision making required
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or. full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for. the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior. to and/or. at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior. to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or. other third parties will not be considered.