Junior Data Engineers / Analyst Programmer | Adelaide
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.The key objective of the Capgemini's Insights & Data practice is to work in a unique, pioneering and collaborative way with our clients to provide unique and customised opportunities to turn data into insights. We help our clients to turn their digital vision into a compelling Insights & Data strategy that delivers tangible, measurable value. We also help to renew their existing data estate - achieving cost and agility benefits on the way - while becoming a truly digital, insightful enterprise.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Consultant role is to be part of all activities within Capgemini Insight & Data(I&D) team. Such activities could be related to the integration of data across various sources into an organised and unified view. Or the use of data for Analytica or Data Science initiatives, bring better knowledge and insights to an organisations data while working with On-premise and Cloud platforms to achieve such tasks. The Consultants role see's good communication skills, problem-solving skills, and the ability to become self-aware of data best practices being critical to successful performance in this role.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research on emerging I&D products, languages, and standards in support of procurement, development, security, and integration efforts in relation to the Cloud, BI, analytics and big data management.
- Work closely with data analysts, data stewards, developers, data scientist and system owners in the testing of newly-incorporated databases and integration measures.
- Communicate with developers as well as engineers to address issues in data patterns and architecture.
- Build relationships with development and infrastructure engineering teams to gain an understanding of different data architectures and required functionality.
- Adept in understanding technical requirements and convert them into data flows.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be considered for this role you must have:
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent Math's and Science Degree
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the following:
- Knowledge or Experience with SQL development, an Understanding of Stored Procedures and Functions.
- Knowledge or Experience in one RDBMS such as MS SQL Server, MySql.
- Knowledge or Experience of data modelling methodologies and concepts such as Kimball, database normalisation.
- Knowledge or Experience in version control platforms such as GitHub, Gitlab, MS TFS, AWS Beanstalk.
- Knowledge or Experience in cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, Google.
- Knowledge or experience in programming languages, such as Java, Python, R, C++.
- Knowledge or experience in Software development life cycle.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of CI/DI DevOps practices.
- Knowledge of Message Brokers Such as Jboss, Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Azure Event Hub.
- Knowledge or experience Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Scala.
- Knowledge or experience in Machine Learning Platforms such as Knime,
- Knowledge or experience working in Unix/*nic with Bash/Shell scripting.
Please note due to the nature of our clients we can only consider Australian citizens.
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.