Data Scientist | Sydney or Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Oct-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what's next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges.
Within our Insight-Driven Enterprise team we help our clients create a smart organisation using data, AI & analytics to gain insights and enable better decisions - for customers, operations and the workforce. Our focus areas are:
- Assist clients leverage the opportunities presented by Data Science
- Solve industry challenges applying the cutting edge in Data Science
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
Are you passionate about Data Science, state of the art projects, developing models, and guiding implementations & strategy in a leading-edge multifunction team? Then Capgemini Invent has an excellent opportunity for you.
We need a Data Scientist who will provide knowledge and experience in creating advanced models in an innovative environment. You have a history of successful data sciences implementations, leveraging cloud environments to drive results in projects. You also enjoy helping clients understand and appreciate the data science process and developing new strategy approaches and ways of modelling. In this role you will:
- Be a member of the Insights Driven Enterprise team as a Data Science Expert, responsible for the designing and development of advanced models, as well as high value use cases
- Understand how to work in at least one of Python, R, C/C++, or Java, developing researched and measured approaches to data science problems
- Develop insightful predictive models to solve client problems
- Be a key member in designing and producing detailed client roadmaps and strategies for adoption of data science
- Be able to work with vague (and complex) project requirements, understanding how to evaluate and discover the best approaches to modelling
- This role could be based out of Melbourne or Sydney, with some interstate travel required.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
- A strong understanding of machine learning & deep learning techniques, both in theory and in practice
- Proven experience and understanding in cloud-based data science projects
- A strong business and commercial acumen with clients
- The ability to articulate complex technical matters to non-technical individuals, both within the client and Capgemini.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, leading a client along the data science journey
- 3-10 years in a data scientist role with cross-discipline teams in an agile fashion
- Can quickly learn and be impactful in new areas to keep pace with our rapid growth and evolution, and the willingness to take an ambiguous assignment and create valuable insight
- Have an advanced degree in a relevant field
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.