Technical Business Analyst - Sydney and Newcastle | Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Nov-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.The key objective of the Capgemini's Insights & Data practice is to work in a unique, pioneering and collaborative way with our clients to provide unique and customised opportunities to turn data into insights. We help our clients to turn their digital vision into a compelling Insights & Data strategy that delivers tangible, measurable value. We also help to renew their existing data estate - achieving cost and agility benefits on the way - while becoming a truly digital, insightful enterprise.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Project Manager and Senior Business Analyst responsible for. the development of requirements documents. Strong knowledge with business analytical skills will be critical to the IT Services and the team.
- Identify and catalogue potential DataLake Users, their analytics processes, programs, dashboards etc
- Identify and document gaps, issues and concerns of the Users
- Build a list of requirements needed to address these gaps and issues as project backlog
- Assist Users to “kick the tires” in a pilot environment
- Introduce Users to the features of the new environment, and any changes from the “as is” and “to be”
- Aid the Business in understanding benefit outcomes
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
Develop a strategic overview to encompassing (nice to have)
- Enterprise Business Intelligence
- Operational Reporting and Analytics
- Self Service
- Integration Strategy, and
- The technical stack required to enable to road map.
In addition, the resource will possess the following;
- Excellent communication skills with good listening capability. Turning Business Requirements/KPI into technical Business Requirements Documents (BRD)
- Able to understand the meaning of data
- Proficient in SQL (can understand and write simple queries)
- Understand and speak to ETL/BI language - able to assess level of complexity and make decisions where required whilst simplifying for developers
- Excellent document writing skills
- Familiarity with Agile environments, and
- Familiarity with Cloud.
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.