Data Architect | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Sep-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
As the Data Architect you will be considered a subject matter expert in Insights & Data Management, Architecture and solutioning. Your role will see you working across complex businesses, reengineering development projects to solve organizational problems through innovative IT solutions. Key aspects of your role will include:
- You will be responsible for providing leadership, gathering requirements, designing solutions, and overseeing the development and execution of GCP Big data projects
- Collaborate with client architecture team to define the architecture and technology selection.
- Provide support to project manager through developing tasks, estimates, and dependencies to meet expectations
- Identifies market trends in technology and methodologies for building GCP based solution
- Work with stakeholders including the Product Owner and data analyst teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Deep understanding of big data technologies, ETL, EDW, architecture patterns and industry trends
- Be at forefront of big data and cloud technologies and plan for their effective use in the context of project.
- Familiarity with data warehousing and data management concepts mandatory
- Minimum of one year of experience in architecting applications for the Google Cloud platform using GCP big data stack – Cloud Storage, DataFlow, Big Query, Cloud Compose
- Experience with DevOps and ‘container' technology (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Excellent analytical skills and proven track record solving difficult problems
- Experience with test-driven development, test automation & continuous delivery
- Excellent social and communication skills, with a passion for mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Experienced in Agile/Scrum projects
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or. full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or. other third parties will not be considered.