Software Engineer | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Aug-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a number of software engieers with relevant consulting and technical skills to join our team in Melbourne . If you are already working in a consultancy role, or. have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you. You will collaborate with product owners, designers to build highly scalable, reusable microservices to enable self-serve of data ingestion, data transform and data consumption API's.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Expertise in Java technologies such as: Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, JMS and exposure to other Java libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with 12 factor principles of microservice development.
- Expertise in designing well-formed RESTful APIs
- Experience working with IDEs such as; IntelliJ, WebStorm or VS Code.
- Experience in Java build automation technologies such as Gradle, Maven, etc.
- Understanding of Software design principles and patterns
- Understanding of the integration patterns WebServices, Rest/XML, MQ
- Hands-on experience with RD
- BMS and Application Servers
- Experience with AWS / Azure Cloud services highly desired
- Background in API and cloud-native architecture
- Experience with ‘container' technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of event-sourcing application design
- Experience supporting a production service in a DevOps friendly environment
- Excellent analytical skills and proven track record solving difficult problems
- Experience with test-driven development, test automation & continuous delivery
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Cucumber.
- Excellent social and communication skills, with a passion for mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Experienced in Agile / Scrum projects
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or. full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.