Service Designer | Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. Idean are part of the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there. We are creators. We believe that digital isn't about technology but about people. Technology facilitates innovation, but it's worthless if it is not designed around people's needs, demands and expectations. Idean makes digital transformation work for it's clients by creating and designing services and products that add meaningful value for people, making their lives significantly better. Idean are not after innovation for the sake of innovation, they're after creating freedom, spare time, awe, and excitement. Idean have colleagues and friends spread across 4 continents with over 700 located in 25 cities.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
Currently looking for an experienced Service Designer to help continue to shape our practice based in Sydney. As a Service Designer, you'll help shape part of our Strategic Design team to shape our culture, build and inspire junior team members, and work closely with our clients to create exceptional services and experiences that solve real customer problems. You'll also have the opportunity to work across a number of industries where you will:
- Contribute to and support the design of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to understand, research, ideate, conceptualise, design, prototype, test and build multi-channel services
- Design and facilitate research and insight programmes
- Ideate and design holistic, detailed and scalable current and future state user journeys and service blueprints to enable customer, business and technology decisions
- Understand the supporting systems and organisational structures which uphold the current service and design improvements, both digital and physical
- Assist in facilitating experiments and design sprints to rapidly test and iterate prototypes
- Conceptualise and design new services from scratch (see our Beta Business service offering: https://www.idean.com/micro/beta-businesses)
- Collaborate with stakeholder groups to successfully influence long lasting change
- Take an active interest in the service design discipline and regularly advocate Service Design with the broader team and the community.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
With 3+ years of experience as a Service Designer working across the design process, you'll have;
- Evidence of your Service Design experience that goes beyond strategy to include piloting, service go-live and optimisation and uplift or new and existing services
- Experience creating experiments to explore and test your assumptions and confidence creating prototypes to test and refine service concepts
- Diverse design experience working across multiple methodologies and approaches
- Visual design and prototyping skills that can bring your ideas to life and communicate complex insights with empathy
- Experience in validating service solution recommendations/decisions to enable business caseStrong, confident communication skills
- Passionate about seeing your work come to life by being pragmatic and focused on quality delivery
- Facilitated a variety of research techniques, used appropriately with successful outcomes
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Are you looking for an employer where your personal development is the main priority? An employer that is continuously stimulating you to improve yourself? At Idean you get to change to do so. The Capgemini Academy and our All-you-can-train program gives you access to hundreds of training sessions.
We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working as part of the Capgemini group you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.