Software Engineer | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Aug-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a number of software engineers with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Software Engineer will collaborate with product owners, designers to build highly scalable, reusable microservices to enable self-serve of data ingestion, data transform and data consumption API's.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Expertise in Java technologies such as: Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, JMS and exposure to other Java libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with GCP/ AWS / Azure Cloud services highly desired
- Experience with 12 factor principles of microservice development.
- Experience building API's using Python or other scripting languages.
- Expertise in designing well-formed RESTful APIs
- Experience working with IDEs such as; IntelliJ, WebStorm or VS Code.
- Experience in Java build automation technologies such as Gradle, Maven, etc.
- Understanding of the integration patterns WebServices, Rest/XML, MQ
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS and Application Servers
- Experience with ‘container' technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent analytical skills and proven track record solving difficult problems
- Experience with test-driven development, test automation & continuous delivery
- Excellent social and communication skills, with a passion for mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Experienced in Agile / Scrum projects
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.