Feature Lead | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com .
About the team:
The Feature Lead will report to the Engagement Manager and be a part of the Management Leadership team for the Account. The Feature Lead will take direction from the Engagement Manager as required. There is a functional reporting line back to the Client Program Manager which allocates tasks to the feature team lead.
About the role
The Feature Lead is the leader of one of the project squads. The role is a essentially a Program Manager role and will manage feature squads and have responsibility for interfacing with source systems, scheduling the work, and driving work being performed by the feature team. The role needs to manage in a very dependency driven complex banking IT environment with few directional controls and will also work collaboratively with the Scrum Master to facilitate the day-to-day efficient operation of the squad and velocity.
The responsibilities, skills and duties of the role include:
- Leading a complex cross functional/cross component team
- Be a single point of contact for all client interaction
- Be a single point of contact for reporting of program status - Proactively track RAG status and creating RAID plan
- Manage the SCRUM Master
- Participate in all SCRUM/Agile ceremonies
- Review and at time JIRA status
- Develop plans and resourcing needs
- Manage the delivery team under the control of the Feature Lead - this is typically 12 technical resource
- Manage team members that are part of the client organization
- Developing and maintaining communication and stakeholder management
- Helping drive analysis and engagements with stakeholders
- Utilizing individual strengths within the squad and ensuring that squad members work collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Ensuring that the squad heads in the right direction from a technical standpoint
- Maintaining cross-functionality in the squad
- Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Manage releases and technical escalations with the feature team
- Oversight change.
To be considered for this role you must have the below experience:
- Leadership - accountability, critical thinking, empowerment of squad
- Program Management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skill and ability to influence
- Has worked with senior client manages
- Sound Big Data / data lake - technical and analytical background
- Experience within banking domain would be advantageous
- Experience in solutions for data platforms/cloud native solutions would be advantageous
The following qualifications would be advantageous:
- Project Management Certification
- Agile/SCRUM Certification
- Education level - Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10 years of project/program management experience
- Have managed in a complex team/client environment
- Managed Big Data/Analytics programs would be advantageous;
- Understanding of Financial Services Industry could be advantageous.
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and well-being services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time. Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.