Full Stack Software Engineer | Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Aug-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
Let's talk about the role:
Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit Full Stack Software Engineer with relevant consulting and technical skills to join our team in Canberra. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you. Working on an exciting Data Analytics platform with leading edge technologies, you will be implementing and supporting a world first client facing suite of applications hosted on AWS. You responsibilities include:
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver on-time, high-quality software.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features.
- Designs scalable software systems that solve key business problems and contribute to scaling the business.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Engage with client directly to understand their requirements.
- Support users of the platform and troubleshoot their issues and provide suggestions for long-term fixes.
Let's talk about your skills and experience:
As the successful candidate, you will have excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience working on agile projects in a customer facing environment. You will possess strong technical experience developing full application stacks.
Skills and experience:
- Prior experience working in client facing, consultancy or professional services environment mandatory
- Prior experience with AWS highly beneficial.
- Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle) and/or NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch) highly regarded
- Experience working with Git including branching strategies
- Familiarity with Linux environment beneficial
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer science or cognate discipline
- AWS Developer Certification would be highly regarded
Due to the nature of this role, we can only consider candidates who have Australian citizenship.
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.