Data Analyst | Adelaide
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company with 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. In 2018 the Group achieved €12.8 billion in revenue. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit Data Analysts with relevant consulting and communication skills and with a proven track record of delivery to join our team. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
About the role
The Data Analyst will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions and actions. Your responsibilities include:
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data migration & collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
You will have the ability to conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. You will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SAS, SPSS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Australian citizen only
What happens next and what can we offer you?
We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time. Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.