Solution Designer | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company with 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. In 2017 the Group achieved €12.8 billion in revenue. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Solution Designer with relevant consulting and communication skills and with a proven track record of delivery to join our team. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Solution Designer will report to the lead architect on the program and be a part of the Technical/Architecture Design Authority. The solution design will take direction from the architecture team / lead as required. The Solution designer will also work closely with the project lead/feature lead and with the team providing support as required on technical design. The solution lead may take direction from the project lead/feature lead. The Solution Designer Roles and Responsibilities include designing the essential core building block's that make up a technical solution. This means producing a modular and flexible design that meets the business requirements.
Providing design and technical guidance to feature teams performing big data ingestion and curation activity.
- Be a focal design and technical guide for data engineers and metadata analysts for ingestion work including pattern design, development and technical direction.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand business goals and support delivery outcomes for technical design - ensure design is consistent and relevant to meet the standards and direction of design teams and architectural design authority.
- Direct and if required build technical solutions.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be considered for this role, you must have the following experience:
- Experience in AWS services design.
- Experience designing event driven applications using Kafka (various connectors and sinks).
- Experience building monitoring/alerting framework for Data pipelines.
- Experience with ElasticDB and Kibana.
- Experience with API design/developments..
- Strong Experience with JAVA/Python development
- Strong communications skills
- Strong technical team leadership, mentorship and collaboration
- Ability to develop technical relationships with end-users
- Ideally a broad set of technical skills and knowledge across hardware, software, systems and solutions development
The following qualifications would be advantageous:
- Education level - Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of technical solutions experience including 4+ years of in a combination of relevant Big Data/Analytics areas
- Big Data/Analytics frameworks would be advantageous
- Underlying infrastructure for Big Data Solutions would be advantageous
- Experience designing, building and operating cloud services in IT, Systems Integrator or Service Provider would be advantageous
- Understanding of Financial Services Industry could be advantageous
Okay, so what happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. But don't take our word for it, listen to what our employees say about us and how we've helped shape and define their careers with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CGkJiqwSRg&feature=youtu.be
We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.