Data Scientist | Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
About the Team
Capgemini delivers innovative world class solutions to our clients. As a Global leader in this field, we have been delivering solutions for over 20 years whether they are of a strategic, operational or outsourcing nature. As we continue to grow we're looking for driven and innovative Data Scientists to join our team
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyse large amounts of raw information to find patterns and build data products to extract valuable business insights. Your responsibilities include:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modelling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
You will have the ability to help clients execute end-to-end data science projects using proven methodologies like CRISP-DM and enable them to analyse trends, find patterns, predict next best action, use artificial intelligence for automating processes, making accurate predictions and better business decisions.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience in data mining, statistical methods, machine-learning and operations research
- Strong Knowledge of and experience R, SQL and Python; experience with Spark, Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using Data Science tools (e.g. Cloudera Data Science Workbench, SAS, SAP HANA PAL etc.) and
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Zoomdata, QlikView, Tableau etc.) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind, business acumen, strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or any other quantitative field is preferred
- Experience in banking and Finance industry is highly desirable
What we can offer you?
Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience but you will also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping.
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services. Present in over 40 countries with more than 180,000 people, the Capgemini Group helps its clients transform in order to improve their performance and competitive positioning.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
If you believe you have "La Niaque" to go the extra mile, then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Want to know more? To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, log onto www.capgemini.com.au
Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior or at offer time. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record and Reference checks prior to commencement of employment.