Big Data Platform Engineer - Adelaide | Adelaide
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2019|
About the Team
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
About the Role
Due to our continuous growth, we are looking for a Big Data Platform Engineer to join our team in Adelaide:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Implementing, managing and administering a Cloudera based Hadoop infrastructure.
- Working closely with the data science team, BI team and application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the health of Hadoop clusters
- Responsible for capacity planning , resource and security management
- Performance tuning of jobs and clusters
- Manage and review Hadoop log files
- Perform Backup and recovery tasks
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least one end to end Big Data implementation project using Cloudera
- Experience in administration of Hive, HBase, Spark, YARN, Impala, Kafka, etc
- Security administration - Kerberos, Active Directory, Ranger, Sentry, Cloudera Navigator
- Experience in handling incidents and service requests
- Strong scripting (Shell/Python) experience
- DevOps knowledge/experience will be highly regarded
- Good communication skills
Please note, we can only consdier Australian Citizens for this role.
How to apply
Interested? We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Ranked among Ethisphere's 2015 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. If you believe you have "La Niaque" to go the extra mile, then apply online today.
Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company with 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. In 2017 the Group achieved €12.8 billion in revenue. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com