Data Scientist | Adelaide
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company with 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. In 2018 the Group achieved €12.8 billion in revenue. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit Data Scientists with relevant consulting and communication skills and with a proven track record of delivery to join our team. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyse large amounts of raw information to find patterns and build data products to extract valuable business insights. Your responsibilities include:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modelling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
You will have the ability to help clients execute end-to-end data science projects using proven methodologies like CRISP-DM and enable them to analyse trends, find patterns, predict next best action, use artificial intelligence for automating processes, making accurate predictions and better business decisions.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience in data mining, statistical methods, machine-learning and operations research
- Strong Knowledge of and experience R, SQL and Python; experience with Spark, Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using Data Science tools (e.g. Cloudera Data Science Workbench, SAS, SAP HANA PAL etc.) and
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Zoomdata, QlikView, Tableau etc.) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind, business acumen, strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or any other quantitative field is preferred
- Australian citizens only
What happens next and what can we offer you?
We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time. Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.