SAP Change Manager | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company with 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. In 2018 the Group achieved €12.8 billion in revenue. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what's next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges.
Within this sits our People and Organisation team who focus on:
- Helping clients deliver and adopt digital technologies to improve their competitiveness
- Holistically driving the people element of the change or transformation journey which can span employee experience, culture, organisational change management and human capital management
- A human centric approach to identify, plan and realise change for both the individual and the organisation as they adapt and respond to the challenges of a constantly changing world
- Guiding clients through complex change, helping them to balance business change with technology change in a way that delivers clear benefits.
Let's talk about the role
We're looking for an SAP Change Manager in our People and Organisation team, in this role you will be:
- Leading client change engagements where you will own and drive the SAP change stream on projects delivering quality change solutions and interventions.
- Working on conception, design and implementation of innovative and sustainable strategic and tactical change activities.
- Managing the relationship with business stakeholders to ensure their acceptance of the future state and sponsorship of the change across their teams.
- Working as part of a highly collaborative practice applying Capgemini's innovative Change Management methodologies leveraging principles such as design thinking, employee experience and behavioural science to delivering change.
- Utilising your experience in delivering a range of change management programs including cultural transformation, organisational design, HR transformation, and technology implementation
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities
You'll be a motivated, collaborative, and energetic Change Manager with minimum 5 years of experience in managing the end to end delivery of change and communication activities in transformation projects, preferably within a large program environment. This involves applying your ability to:
- Deliver/support large scale digital implementation projects – experience in SAP modules is essential.
- Adopt a structured and organised approach to change delivery, thorough understanding of a recognised organisational change management methodology, ensuring change management activities are synchronised with project delivery.
- Manage both the ‘strategic' change activities to drive the stakeholder relationships with senior business stakeholders, and the ‘tactical' change activities to understand the end to end change and manage the required change acceptance, business readiness and adoption.
- Manage resistance to address it and push forward with positive results.
- Manage the relationship with our Client's project team and business stakeholders.
- Experience management change in the context of the wider transformation project methodologies such as such as waterfall and agile.
- Establish credibility quickly to engage and inspire key stakeholders, as well as strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or. full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.