Solution Architect | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Aug-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
The role sits in Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) Global Business Line ‘s Cloud & Edge Australia Organization, which is tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Cloud Solution Architect is a key role within the Capgemini Infrastructure business to enable our customers journey to leverage cloud and develop a hybrid cloud/bimodal operating model. In this role the Cloud Solution Architect engages closely with clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions/projects for new and existing clients leveraging a wealth of previous experience in deploying cloud solutions.You will work as part of a pre-sales team in the proposal stage and then engage in the delivery of the cloud transformation project covering the design and implementation phases of the project before handing over to support and operations teams.
- Responsible for understanding and elaborating on client requirements and developing solutions that meet these needs in a customer facing role.
- Interfacing with internal teams to ensure completeness and relevance to customer requirements.
- Achieving “Trusted Advisor” status among targeted strategic pursuit and key growth accounts.
- Defining the technical solution utilising best practices for Public Cloud architecture.
- Ensuring solutions are developed in compliance with established Technical Governance methodologies, ensuring a consistent approach to technical solutions and alignment to the Capgemini's Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures as directed.
- Orchestrating and leading presales efforts inclusive of holistic IT optimization, consolidation, and transformation solutions for large customers inclusive of developing a strategy and collective vision.
- Supporting sales to articulate Capgemini's solutions, cloud technologies, transformation and migration methodologies.
- Working as part of the Cloud Solutioning Architectural team to deliver larger pieces of work.
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Strong solution architecture background with expertise in Infrastructure and Applications.
- Focusing on architecting Public and Hybrid Cloud solutions, producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in a cloud environment adhering to DR and availability best practices.
- A deep understanding of AWS & Azure platform features, capabilities and how to optimise these for an engagement.
- Can quickly assess technical feasibility and develop proposals in line with customer requirements.
- Able to help shape transition and transformation strategies.
- Presentations skills: able to articulate technical and business value/outcomes to varying audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in a client facing role. Ability to build relationships and trust.
- Certifications in AWS to Architecture Associate level and Azure 733 as a minimum and. Professional Architecture certification preferred. AWS specialties also highly desirable. (Azure considered).
- Traditional certifications beneficial (RedHat, VMware etc.)
- Certification and/or experience in enterprise frameworks such as TOGAF, BCS Enterprise and Solution architecture also beneficial.
One or more of the following skiils and experience:
- Understanding of Public Cloud networks topologies and recommended practices
- CCNP level skills
- Knowledge of BGP, IPsec, static/dynamic routing, IPv4/v6 IPAM, DNS, NAT, Express Route/Direct Connect and flow logging/troubleshooting.
- Understanding of fundamental security principles and Public Cloud specific security architecture features
- Ability to take customer requirements, translate those into solutions leveraging the inherent security capabilities of the Cloud Providers and additional supplementary controls
- Knowledge of AAA, CIA, encryption and key management, PKI, federation and separation of duties
- Use of Provider higher level services to optimize solution
- Selection of correct instance type, duration and consumption method
- Can estimate variable consumption charges
- Understand regional costing variations
- Able to make pricing assumptions to optimize cost
- Knowledge of Trusted Advisor and Cost Explorer
What happens next and what we can offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.