Data Engineer - Adelaide | Adelaide
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Apr-2019|
About the team
Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Data Engineer with relevant consulting and communication skills and with a proven track record of delivery within the Enterprise Information Management arena. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
About the Role
The Data Engineer will expand and optimise our clients' data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimise their data flow and collection for cross functional teams. Your responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Design, develop and implement data pipelines for data migration & collection, data analytics and other data movement solutions.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using ETL, Database Replication, Application Integration, SQL
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
You will have the ability to optimise data systems and build them from the ground up. You will support software developers, database architects, data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Essential skills and experience
- 1 – 5 years working experience as a Data Engineer
- Technical expertise regarding data acquisitions, data transformation, data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- knowledge of and experience with ETL technologies (e.g. SAP BO Data Services, SAP PO, IBM Message Broker and IBM Message Queue)
- Exposure to migrate data into ERPs (SAP CRM, IBM Case Management etc.), databases
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
What we can offer you?
Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience but you will also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping.
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services. Present in over 40 countries with more than 180,000 people, the Capgemini Group helps its clients transform in order to improve their performance and competitive positioning.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2015 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
If you believe you have “La Niaque” to go the extra mile, then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Want to know more? To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, log onto www.capgemini.com.au
Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior or at offer time. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record and Reference checks prior to commencement of employment.