DataOps / DevOps Engineer | Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2019|
About the Team
Capgemini delivers innovative world class solutions to our clients. As a Global leader in this field, we have been delivering solutions for over 20 years whether they are of a strategic, operational or outsourcing nature. As we continue to grow we're looking for driven and innovative DataOps / DevOps engineer to join our team
About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic DataOps / DevOps engineer to join us to work on a state of the art big data project. The project is the first large implementation of its kind in Canberra and will set an example for all future big data implementations.
Some of your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Ensure developed services are running seamlessly
- Setting up different dev/staging/prod environments in the cloud and on premises
- Provisioning of AWS cloud services
- Building continuous integration pipelines
- Support data engineers in their day to day tasks
- Discovery and resolution of occurring errors and defects
- Plan and implement upgrades and changes for various implementations
- Documentation of issues, resolutions and processes
- Establish a state of the art provision of data services
Most importantly about you:
- Strong knowledge of and in depth experience with Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of networking and network security
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Prior experience with AWS essential
- Exposure to Hadoop distributions and Big Data platforms advantageous
- Knowledge of/experience with scripting languages such as Ansible, Python, Perl or Bash highly regarded
- Experience with version control systems such Git or Mercurial advantageous
- In depth knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle
- Passion for open source technologies
What we can offer you?
Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience but you will also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping.
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services. Present in over 40 countries with more than 180,000 people, the Capgemini Group helps its clients transform in order to improve their performance and competitive positioning.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2015 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
If you believe you have “La Niaque” to go the extra mile, then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Want to know more? To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, log onto www.capgemini.com.au
Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior or at offer time. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record and Reference checks prior to commencement of employment.