DevOps Engineer - Canberra | Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2019|
About the Team
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Canberra.
About the Role
Working on an exciting BigData Business Intelligence and Analytics project, you will implement and drive adoption of DevOps practices. Your responsibilities will include:
- Enhancing performance and stability of services and automating away repetitive work.
- Ensure developed services are running seamlessly.
- Respond to alerts, investigate issues and take remediation actions
- Work with data engineers and developers to automate the deployment of new platform features and services
- Optimise the performance of Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Athena) in an AWS environment
- Automate the configuration of cloud infrastructure using Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, and bespoke scripts
- Plan, schedule and implement upgrades and changes
- Implement service monitoring using AWS CloudWatch, Nagios and other open source tools.
- Contribute to disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation.
As the successful candidate, you will have excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience working on agile projects in a customer facing environment. You will possess strong technical experience managing full application stacks (from the OS right up through to custom applications).
Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience with AWS is essential (especially EC2, ELB, EBS, S3, SNS, SQS, Athena, Lambda, API Gateway, DMS)
- Solid experience as a Linux Systems Engineer or Administrator in a large production environment.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and system configuration automation tools (preferably Jenkins and Ansible)
- Programming experience in any modern scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl)
- Experience managing and optimising relational database system (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Fluent in IP networking essentials (addressing, TCP/UDP, DNS, DHCP, VPNs) and ideally experience with AWS networking (VPCs, IGWs, ELB)
- Experience working with Git including branching strategies
- Good understanding of security best practices (and preferably experience applying ISM controls)
- Experience with open source Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Scala, AWS EMR) will be highly regarded
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer science or cognate discipline
- AWS Certification would be highly regarded
How to apply
Interested? We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Ranked among Ethisphere's 2015 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. If you believe you have "La Niaque" to go the extra mile, then apply online today.
Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company with 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. In 2017 the Group achieved €12.8 billion in revenue. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com