Information Governance Subject Matter Expert - Melbourne or Sydney | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Jun-2019|
Due to continued growth within Capgemini's Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a number of Information/Data Governance (IG) Consultants with relevant consulting and communication skills and with a proven track record of delivery within the Enterprise Information Management arena. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
About the Role
Information/Data Governance (IG), as opposed to other, more technical Information Management disciplines within our Insights & Data practice such as DQ, MDM, BI or Data Integration, is primarily focused on the Business side of our client organizations and frequently deals with senior executives, sometimes at Board level. Our IG engagements aim at improving the integrity and control of the client's critical data assets and ultimately at improving the organization's business performance, agility and compliance.
Client organizations often struggle to master IG or simply neglect it. Making an IG program work requires IG expertise and experience, facilitation and negotiation skills as well as an ability to work with the client's internal dynamics. This is where Capgemini's IG Consultants come in.
Some of your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Advise clients on how to build and run an effective IG program, using Capgemini's proprietary QuickStart Information Governance framework, methodology, templates and best practice.
- Assess & measure As-Is IG maturity, identify desired To-Be state and develop a plan and roadmap leading to agreed targets.
- Develop, set up or improve a suitable IG organization.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and workshops to identify a holistic set of IG workstreams across all IG capabilities and data domains in scope.
- Host Standardization Working Group meetings and use them to discuss and agree common standards, policies etc.
- Develop a business benefits model.
- Show DQ dashboards to senior executives to enable them to take remediation steps.
- Explore the clients' need and willingness to invest into a Data Governance Management tool
The candidate will have the following skills / experience:
- Information Governance experience, e.g. in Data Architecture/Data Modelling, Metadata Management, Reference Data Management, Business Glossaries, Data Dictionaries, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management.
- Extensive experience in client-facing roles for Senior Information Governance Consultants, in data management and/or Business Analysis
- Must have experience in complex stakeholder management activities, ideally the ability to: - identify key influencers and establish & maintain relationships with these decision-makers within the client organization at a functional director level, - apply core consulting skills to build credibility with clients at the senior management level to solve significant business issues, - develop client relationships to generate successful Capgemini sales opportunities within and beyond the scope of current projects
- Meeting facilitation and negotiation skills (face-to-face and in conference calls)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Management and leadership experience
- Experience in navigating corporate/office politics
- Proactive self-starter
- Happy to travel oversease during the project
What we can offer you?
Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience but you will also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping.
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services. Present in over 40 countries with more than 180,000 people, the Capgemini Group helps its clients transform in order to improve their performance and competitive positioning.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2015 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
If you believe you have “La Niaque” to go the extra mile, then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Want to know more? To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, log onto www.capgemini.com.au
Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior or at offer time. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record and Reference checks prior to commencement of employment.