AB INITIO SENIOR DEVELOPER | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2019|
About our team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
About our role:
You will expand and optimise data pipeline architecture, build, and maintain conceptual and logical database models as well as optimise data flow for cross functional teams.
- You will design and implement Ab Initio Solutions using GDE, Express IT, Query IT and other Ab Initio products
- You will develop key modules independently using PDL and Metaprogramming constructs using all Ab Initio components
- You will define strategy and architecture to migrate data from legacy systems to new big data solutions, data pipelines for data collection, data analytics and other data movement solutions.
- You will provide technical solutions to project team to perform design to deployment related activities, provide guidance, perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues.
- You will work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues
- You will assess and propose methods to improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
Most importantly about you:
- You have hands on ETL development (data transformations and data movement) using Ab Initio, Ab Initio Express IT, Query IT, DQE (Data Quality) and Metadata Portal as key tools
- You have worked closely with source system Subject Matter Experts (SME)s, Data Analysts and Modelers to understand and design ETL load process
- You have experience in developing reusable Ab Initio components
- You have the ability to handle highly technical and complex requests and mentor junior team members
- You have good hands on experience in Unix shell scripting
- You have experience in BRE usage
- You have Control-center / job scheduling experience
- You have experienced in developing Continuous flows
- You have established standard procedures in Ab Initio code deployment and continuous integration and deployment
- You have experienced in data transformation in file systems (EBCDIC AND ASCII)
- Knowledge of Banking Domain and Ab Initio version 3.x will be an added advantage
What we're offering:
Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you will also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping.
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services. Present in over 40 countries with more than 200,000 people, the Capgemini Group helps its clients transform in order to improve their performance and competitive positioning.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2018 Most Ethical Companies in the World, our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
If you believe you have “La Niaque” to go the extra mile, then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Want to know more? To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, log onto www.capgemini.com.au
Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior or at offer time. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record and Reference checks prior to commencement of employment.