Data Engineer - Adelaide | Adelaide
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jun-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company with 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. In 2017 the Group achieved €12.8 billion in revenue. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
About the Team
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make a better business decision-making by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insights. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
About the role
The Data Engineer will expand and optimise our clients' data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimise their data flow and collection for cross functional teams. Your responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Design, develop and implement data pipelines for data migration & collection, data analytics and other data movement solutions.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using ETL, Database Replication, Application Integration, SQL and ‘big data' technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
Let's talk about your skills and experience
You will have the ability to optimise data systems and build them from the ground up. You will support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Proven working experience as a Data Engineer
- Technical expertise regarding data acquisitions, data transformation, data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with ETL technologies (e.g. SAP BO Data Services, SAP PO, IBM Message Broker and IBM Message Queue)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Big Data integration and streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, Flume, Talend etc.)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Big Data processing technologies (e.g. Spark with Scala / Java / Python / R)
- Exposure to migrate data into ERPs (SAP CRM, IBM Case Management etc.), databases (HDFS, HBase, HANA, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL etc)
- Experience with cloud services
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
Okay, so what happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2015 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. If you believe you have “La Niaque” to go the extra mile, then apply online today.
Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.