Big Data Test Engineer | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Dec-2018|
About the Team
Our Insight and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
About the role
The Big Data Test Engineer will expand and optimise our clients' data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimise their data flow and collection for cross functional teams. Your responsibilities include:
- End-to-end testing of the Hadoop data lake solution including functional, system integration, regression, reconciliation and validation testing.
- Write and execute simple and complex test cases in Big Data implementation.
- Build a robust and efficient test framework for testing the ingestion, processing, transformation, storage and consumption layers in the Big Data architecture.
- Assemble large, complex test data sets that meet functional / non-functional testing requirements.
- Escalate key testing issues and provide feedback to the development team and other stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders including product owner, data engineers, architect and design teams to provide inputs to the testing processes in SIT and UAT in line with industry best practices.
You will have the ability to optimise data systems and build them from the ground up. You will support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven working experience as Big Data engineer or tester for 2+ years.
- Experience in test driven Big Data development and test automation.
- Experience in testing the streaming technologies like NiFi, Kafka, etc. with industry standard Big data testing tools.
- Ability to write and execute simple and complex test cases in Big Data implementation.
- Experience in working on Big data technologies and concepts such as HDFS, Hive, NiFi, Spark, Spark streaming and NoSQL DB like HBase etc.
- Experience in one or more of Java, Scala, Python and Shell Scripting.
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
- Experience in working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Ability to interpret the development code and transformation logic to form valid test cases.
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
Preferable skills and experience
- Experience in building testing framework for enterprise data lake is highly desirable
- Hands on development in the areas of building data pipelines in NiFi, Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline.
What we can offer you?
Capgemini is a world leader in technology enabled change. We can offer our consultants;
- Formal training with industry recognized certifications
- The ability to interact with peers in a sharing and inclusive community
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A well-structured and tailored career framework
- A culture of collaboration and recognition
- Excellent remuneration
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services. Present in over 40 countries with more than 180,000 people, the Capgemini Group helps its clients transform in order to improve their performance and competitive positioning.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2018 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
If you believe you have “La Niaque” to go the extra mile, then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Want to know more? To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, log ontowww.capgemini.com.au
Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior or at offer time. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record and Reference checks prior to commencement of employment.