Data Scientist | Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Nov-2018|
About the Team
Our Insight and Data team helps our clients make a better business decision-making by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia's top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason - our exceptional people.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyse large amounts of raw information to find patterns and build data products to extract valuable business insights. Your responsibilities include:Interacting with clients to gather requirements, design solution frameworks, program, develop and present analysis, tools or solutions.
- Identify datasets that contain both structured and unstructured data. Determine features that can be derived from available data.
- Experience using statistical techniques to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Perform activities like data extract, transform and load, data quality assessment, data cleansing and enhancing, complex data transformation, relationship profiling, sampling and extrapolation, segmentation.
- Test and evaluate multiple unsupervised or supervised machine learning methods and develop custom algorithms, if necessary.
- Develop solutions that heavily utilize tools and technologies such as R, Python, SAS, Tensor flow, Azure Machine learning, Spark, Hive.
- Build functional solutions that incorporate and perform Real time analytics, Predictive analytics, Big data analytics, Statistical modelling, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence.
- Provide end user documentation to assist clients in running the analysis/tools on a regular basis.
- Consult stakeholders on how to improve decision making using data driven insights that can lead to better customer outcomes.
Most importantly about you
You will have the ability to help clients execute end-to-end data science projects using proven methodologies and enable them to analyse trends, find patterns, predict next best action, use artificial intelligence for automating processes, making accurate predictions and better business decisions. You will ideally have experience in most of the following:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience in data mining, statistical methods, machine-learning and operations research
- Strong Knowledge of and experience R, SQL and Python; experience with Spark, Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using Data Science tools (e.g. Cloudera Data Science Workbench, SAS, SAP HANA PAL etc.) and
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Zoomdata, QlikView, Tableau etc.) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What we can offer you?
Capgemini is a world leader in technology enabled change. We can offer our consultants;
- Formal training with industry recognized certifications
- The ability to interact with peers in a sharing and inclusive community
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A well-structured and tailored career framework
- A culture of collaboration and recognition
- Excellent remuneration
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services. Present in over 40 countries with more than 180,000 people, the Capgemini Group helps its clients transform in order to improve their performance and competitive positioning.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2018 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
If you believe you have “La Niaque” to go the extra mile, then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Want to know more? To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, log ontowww.capgemini.com.au