DevOps Engineer | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company with 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. In 2018 the Group achieved €12.8 billion in revenue. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let's talk about the team:
Our Agile & DevOps Service Line is seeking enthusiastic individual to join and provide expertise to our clients. During our commitment, we implement world class end-to-end DevOps tool chains for different customers in multiple sectors. The team also experienced in containers (Docker, K8S, Swarm, EKS…) is always keen to deploy microservices architectures.
One of our mottos: “If you did something twice, it is worth to automate it”.
We allocate enough time to develop new skills using our global training materials, get Industry certifications, assess new technologies and then provide feedback to the whole team. This gives us the required expertise that our clients expect from us. We also encourage people to document the work achieved in their previous projects, provide feedback on the challenges they faced and present it to the team. We believe it makes everyone grow.
Let's talk about the role and responsibilities:
We are looking for a talented, motivated, enthusiastic DevOps Engineer to join a high performing team.
- Demonstrable team spirit: a willingness to collaborate, learn and teach others
- Self-motivated and passionate about new stacks
- Stays relevant with industry trends in knowledge and self-training
- Agile, DevOps, Containers and IaC knowledge is strongly desired
Let's talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Working knowledge of at least two scripting or development languages (Shell, Python, Ruby, Java. Etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- IaaS Functionalities experience on at least one Public Cloud Provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience of Unix / Linux environments (Sys, Apps, Network admin Etc.)
- Knowledge about Source Code Control (Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab. Etc.)
- Experience of Orchestration Tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, Bamboo. Etc.)
- Knowledge about Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, LXC, Unikernel..etc.)
- Knowledge of PaaS platform or Software factories preferred
- OpenSource enthusiast and involved into OSS communities preferred
- Experience working in test-driven development highly regarded
- Understanding of monitoring tools desirable
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you'll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.