Lead Backend Engineer | Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Aug-2018|
About the Team
Capgemini delivers innovative world class solutions to our clients. As a Global leader in this field, we have been delivering solutions for over 20 years whether they are of a strategic, operational or outsourcing nature. As we continue to grow we're looking for driven and innovative Solutions Architects to join our team.
About the Role
Leading some of the best technical teams in the business you will ensuring that we produce end-to-end solutions that are commercially sound, and client focused. This role will be focused around the banking industry.
Most importantly about you,
- Knowledge of two or more back-end programming languages such as Java or Go
- Knowledge of database theory and practice including SQL and NoSQL usage
- Knowledge of distributed systems design, including cloud scalability, CAP theorem, communication integration and HA apps, databases and storage
- Strong experience working with AWS, GCP, or Azure native services
- Strong experience working with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm in Production
- Proven background in leading a high performing development team
- Experience using Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar infrastructure-as-code tools
- Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Understanding of service bus/message broker/caching layer architectures
- Understanding of RDBMS & NoSQL database applications
- Understanding of Visual Studio, ASP.NET, and VSTS
- Ability to work with a “DevOps” mindset
- Takes accountability for defining and tracking against measurable improvements.
- Demonstrated experience in commercial software development in a globally distributed PaaS/SaaS delivery model
What we can offer you?
Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience but you will also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping.
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services. Present in over 40 countries with more than 180,000 people, the Capgemini Group helps its clients transform in order to improve their performance and competitive positioning.
Ranked among Ethisphere's 2018 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
If you believe you have "La Niaque" to go the extra mile, then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Want to know more? To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, log onto www.capgemini.com.au
Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior or at offer time. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record and Reference checks prior to commencement of employment.