User Research | Adelaide
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2018|
About the role
The user researcher has a good understanding of inclusive and user-centred practices and facilitates research activities across teams to inform project decisions. You will be involved in planning, conducting and analysing research in a collaborative way within a multidisciplinary team. You will have experience working with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard.
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team and have a strong understanding of user-centred practices and can advise on user research planning and techniques.
You show sensitivity to user experience problems and have the ability to engage and collaborate with a range of stakeholders to help the team in designing and delivering services that are easy for everyone to understand and use, with a focus on web standards, usability and accessibility.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrates a minimum of 5 year's experience in planning, facilitating and analysing user research
- Experience with quantitative research methods and ability to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Demonstrates experience in coordinating and/or creating engaging communication of user research insights including presentations to communicate effectively to all stakeholders
- Advocates and encourages user-centred practices which includes building a culture across teams, projects and organisations that educates empathy for the user.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary, digital delivery team, ideally using Agile methods including the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard.
Additional relevant skills and experience
- Knowledge of agile and user-centred methodologies, such as the DTA's Digital Service Standard.
- Experience working with government agencies
- Stays updated on the latest developments/trends/thinking within their field and share your knowledge and thoughtswith communities, colleagues and clients.
What we can offer you?
Capgemini is a world leader in technology enabled change. We can offer our consultants;
- Formal training with industry recognized certifications
- The ability to interact with peers in a sharing and inclusive community
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A well-structured and tailored career framework
- A culture of collaboration and recognition
- Excellent remuneration
About the Team
“Putting people first, always. Whether it is our clients, the end users of any site or app, or our office team, we always value the human. That's what makes us humane.”
Our Backelite team is a “mobile first” agency born in 2006 and today specialises in service design and creating digital products. We imagine the digital services of tomorrow by crafting interfaces that balance functionality, ergonomics, design and technology for engaging and effective experiences.
“Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.”
With more than 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.9 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Want to know more?
To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, visit www.capgemini.com.au or http://www.backelite.com.au/